Wyoming Catholic College, located in the mountain town of Lander, at the foothills of the largest contiguous wilderness area in the lower 48 states, is taking important next steps in developing one of the finest Catholic liberal arts colleges in the world.
Under the leadership of the College’s president, Dr. Kevin Roberts, and the College’s Board of Directors, Wyoming Catholic College is currently engaged in the silent phase of a $10,000,000 campaign, which is designed to fund the goals of Vision 2024, the College’s robust strategic plan.
Over the course of the next three years, the current campaign will be concluded and planning for a capital campaign will commence to fund the first phase of building a permanent campus.
Upon the hiring of an experienced advancement vice president, with a proven track-record in collegiate development, the currently-serving Vice President for Advancement will step down and focus his efforts exclusively on principal, major, and planned gifts in support of the needs of the College. Consequently, the new Vice President for Advancement will inherit an experienced staff, with the exciting opportunity to lead them and the College through the next phases of WCC’s development.
For a faithful, entrepreneurial, high-spirited professional, this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impact the upward trajectory of an inspiring institution, to be part of an innovative executive team, and to flourish as a human being in one of the best places to live in the American West.
The Vice President for Advancement at Wyoming Catholic College serves as the chief advancement officer and is responsible for the following key tasks: (1) designing and implementing comprehensive institutional advancement programs; (2)recruiting and developing talented team members who are focused on the significantly increasing donor involvement and fundraising outcomes; and (3) leading all efforts in annual and sustaining gifts, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and gift planning, endowment, capital campaigns, and stewardship, and advancement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advance the mission, vision, and short and long-term goals of the College in concert with the President and senior administrative colleagues.
- Work closely with the President in all phases of his advancement and campaign leadership activities.
- Serve as a member of the College’s Executive Council and maintain close working relationships with members of the Board of Directors and key friends and supporters.
- Maintain a dynamic portfolio of individuals and secure major, capital, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts and endowment support.
- Participate in strategic discussions and develop programs to strengthen the financial resources of the College.
- Create and execute fundraising plans that utilize best practices in annual, major, and planned gift programs to meet fundraising goals.
- Ensure dynamic processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Prepare for the upcoming capital campaign through comprehensive and effective campaign planning and execution.
- Hire, train, inspire, and guide direct reports and the entire advancement team (expected to grow from 3 to 5 FTE’s) toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes.
- Develop annual plans and budgets for annual and sustaining gifts, gift planning, campaigns, major gifts, grants development, stewardship, and advancement services.
- Engage College constituents and enhance the culture of philanthropy. Maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff, whose cooperation is essential to effective outreach and fundraising.
- Serve as the staff liaison for Advancement to the Board of Directors and the Board Committees on Finance and Development.
- In concert with the Vice President for External Affairs, devise and implement effective internal and external messaging and methods of advancement communication.
- Serve as an exemplary College advocate in the community, with local and national leaders, religious organizations, business and corporate partnerships, and other leaders, and build relationships that closely link the wider Catholic community with the College.
- Embody values of caring, compassion, justice, integrity, competence, and empathy, while living a rich life of faith and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Treat members of the campus community with fairness, dignity, and respect, seeking a spirit of unity and harmony to achieve a common mission.
- All other duties as assigned by the President. The Vice President must be willing to travel extensively in his work with donors and as a representative of the College.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will display a record of leadership and accomplishment in advancement with a proven track record of fundraising success, especially with campaign planning and execution. Proven organizational, supervisory, and leadership capabilities are required. The successful candidate will document successful solicitation of numerous major gifts and present a history of building advancement programs and achieving fundraising performance. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to interact with sophisticated donors. This person must be a visible Catholic leader both on and off campus and give witness as a person who lives a life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and which is consonant with the Magisterial Teaching and Tradition of the Roman Catholic Church.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required and master’s degree is preferred. Candidates should possess a minimum of ten years of fundraising experience, including five years as a senior level advancement professional, ideally in an institution of higher learning. Given the changes in fundraising in the competitive philanthropic environment, this career experience in advancement must be current. This includes specific experience in developing fundraising plans and strategies, case statements, and capital campaigns.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate can expect to receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including an unparalleled quality of life that only a small Rocky Mountain West town can offer.
To apply, submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
Dr. Kevin Roberts
President, Wyoming Catholic College
306 Main Street
Lander, Wyo. 82520
PDF version of job announcement available HERE.